Friday, January 15, 2010

Work Begins

Dear family and friends,

Well the work has begun!! And Hello from South Africa! :) I think I'm getting the hang of the 9 hour time change haha. I've been sleeping better each night. So we have class in the morning from 9 to 12:30 then lunch and then class again from 1:30 to 5 then class again from 6 to 9. Long days haha but very informative. I've learned lots already about teaching and how to apply it to the peoples needs. Its been hard these first couple days but its getting better. This MTC is small but gets down to the point.

My comp in Elder Bagenzi from Tanzania. He has humor to him as well as the other elders and the 5 sisters here in the MTC. Total of 15 missionaries here. 3 U.S. including me and one from Canada -Elder Hawke. And the rest are African Elders and Sisters. We are all getting along very well. We have good laughs. Our teachers are fun to listen to and have all served missions.

This really is the true gospel of Jesus Christ. It brings so much happiness to our lives. Everywhere you go the members are very kind and loving. I bear testimony of that.

All of you read your scriptures! I mean it. Yeah weird coming from me i know. It'll make your day go so much better and pray as well. I've already felt the effects of that and I've only been here 4 days.

I love you all! P day is Saturday if you didn't already gather that info. :) so I'll get to write more next week. I'm looking forward to the learning and teaching :) its what its all about. Bringing others to know of the true doctrine of Jesus Christ. He is our Savior and redeemer. Loves again and i shall talk next week! :)

Your missionary,
Elder Robert S Rigby

No comments:

Post a Comment