Friday, January 15, 2010

Answers!

Dear family and friends,

So it's really warm here!! haha suckers!! So here are the answers to your questions. I have more time today at lunch so I'm using it haha. Just got back from going tracting with the Joburg missionaries. That was cool. Nice to have been out doing something instead of being in class all the time. I hate sitting all day.

So New Years was boring. We didn't celebrate it at all. We had class and more class. Teachers were tired cause they got to "party all night" or so Brother Gasa said. Which isn't fair I think, but oh well.

On the planes I had pretzels and cookies and then on the big plane I had a meal that was okay. It was chicken and rice and then in the morning they gave us pizza. haha. Very long flight. I was in the middle of 2 people. A vegetarian lady and Marcus who is black visiting his daughter in Durban.

That's what our Gospel is all about. Families that can be together forever. As I mentioned earlier we went to the Joburg Temple which was awesome. Tuesday we get to see what sealings are like. I already know! :) Special time huh MOM :)

People are poor here but they are all happy and want to talk to us. Especially since I'm a white guy. They don't see very many here in Joburg.

Food here in the MTC is wonderful. Practically the same stuff back home. Little different ways of cooking it but tastes wonderful. :) I'll miss the food when I leave haha. Yes I'm writing in my journal! So don't worry mom.

Money goes from U.S. Dollars to South Africa Rand. I got $20 converted last week and it came back to 140 Rand so Krista do the math or Melissa :) I'm not smart enough haha. I went to the Distribution center by the Temple and they have African Scripture cases. I want a Zebra or Giraffe Skin case.

I've been taking pictures. or at least some. So no worries. Oh and send my camera cord! I could use it to upload pictures on emails! My comp is shorter than me obviously haha. He is dark African that's for sure but we get along well and teach well. Like comps should. :)

Well I love you!!! Hope you have an awesome week! I know I will!! :) :) I know that this is where I should be and that the Lord wants me here. I bear testimony that the Atonement is real and that God loves each of us, cause we are His children. I can't even imagine what this Gospel would be like without Jesus Christ. Probably wouldn't have it. I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God! It testifies of my Savior on the Americas. I love you all! Peace out! :)

Your Missionary,
Elder Robert S Rigby (CTM)

No comments:

Post a Comment