Monday, January 3, 2011

Let the New Year Begin

Dear Me Family and Friends,

Hallo to the cold part of the world! haha sucks for you! :) i'm enjoying some nice warm weather mixed with rain. yeah its rained this past week. I had a very enjoyable week actually. We had 4 investigators at church yesterday and we extended 2 more baptismal dates this past week. unfortunately those 2 potentials didn't make it to church yesterday. Zukiswa and her sister Zoleka came to church as well as Tata Hola and his son Khanyi. it was a wonderful fast and testimony meeting. the spirit was there as the members bore their short but sweet testimonies of the church and the new year even. Its crazy that its now 2011! where did 2010 go?? haha i had lots of fun with the O'Dells on Friday evening and then again on Saturday. We played card games and enjoyed each others company and then on Saturday Elder O'Dell took us golfing. it rained but it was still fun haha. I think i'm gunna try golf when i get home haha its actually a pretty fun sport if you get the hang of it. :) We didn't work on Friday evening or all of Saturday. those are the only times of the entire year where we aren't allowed to work. It was fun tho, with the O'Dells. :)

Wednesday was the not so good day this past week. all of our appointments fell through and nothing happened. i should be used to those kind of days, i've had so many of them but it still isn't fun when people aren't there when they say they will be or we can't find anyone home to share this wonderful message with. but oh well.

I love serving the lord! :) and yes, when i serve i feel like i want to do it more and more :) its such a wonderful thing to be a part of. In my spare time, when i do have cause most days we are in the area as much as possible, i either make me some nice food or just relax and enjoy the 4 man boarding. its so fun to be with Elder Moorcroft and Elder Bangerter and My companion Elder Lebala haha. we enjoy talking and laughing with one another and telling each others success stories :) it was a tuff week but ended off with a bang. :) can't get much better than having investigators actually show up to church. if everyone of our investigators would come to church they will become converted. that's how it works. most of them read and pray they just haven't come to church.

This coming Thursday we are traveling to East London for training again. Excited to see how the STATS went in the mission for the holiday season. last year it was an improvement. so i wonder if this year will be the same or better. hopefully better! :)

Testimonies are the powerful converter to the Gospel. Investigators borrow the missionaries testimonies until they can get one of they're own. I'm so grateful for my testimony that i have of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I Know My Savior lives and that He loves me, i know that my father in Heaven loves me and knows me personally. I feel of His love and comfort everyday and it keeps me going in this work. I am doing it for HIM and for me. The things i have learned so far will be with me for the rest of my life. I know its by Christ we get back to our Heavenly Father and that we can return to Him if we do our part here on earth. I know the Book of Mormon is truly another Testament of Jesus Christ and that it'll bring us closer to Him if we read it and abide by its precepts that it teaches. So all of you should read from it daily! :)

Well i love you! have a wonderful week in the cold! hehe :)

Your Missionary,
Elder Robert S Rigby (SACTM)

No comments:

Post a Comment