Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas is Coming

Dear Family and Friends,

Greetings from hot south Africa haha....yes it is very hot! like having Christmas in July for me sheesh haha. NO snow or cold, which i don't mind not having the cold hehe but i do love the snow! :) So it was a good week. I got transferred to the other area in Port Alfred haha so i'm now working in the township with Elder Lebala. He is so funny! i love him. haha Its like we aren't even companions cause we have been living in the same place for the past 6 weeks. its great! :) I'm doing fabulous though i love having people to teach and that will listen, the only problem is that they don't come to church like they should....but i do what i can do!

So the 2 new Elders in the District are Elder Moorcroft from Joburg and his greenie Elder Bangerter from Centerville, Utah. they are both cool missionaries. Elder Moorcroft is the DL and i am finishing training Elder Lebala so you will be getting a letter about that from the Office. This transfer is going to be very joyful haha! Christmas with the O'Dells and i get to Call home!!! :) :) I'm excited! hehe

Well it is the Christmas season. Even tho it doesn't feel like it at all cause there aren't any decorations up like there is back home. We did put up a Christmas tree last night at the O'Dells and decorated with lights and balls and tinsel :) so it does make things a little better hehe. I got a nice poem from President and Sister Probst in my email today. I'll attach it to the email so you can read it :) it cool, president wrote it i think.

I know my Jesus Christ is my Savior and redeemer and that this is the special time of the year that we celebrate his birth. Heavenly Father truly does love each and every one of us, He sacrificed His only Begotten Son for us. I don't know where i would be without my older brother, Jesus Christ, in my life. I definitely wouldn't be on a mission in South Africa that for sure. I truly am grateful for the time i have to serve as his missionary here in this beautiful part of the world that He created for us. One day i hope and pray that i can go back into his presence and live there with my family. I love you guys!! i miss you and am thinking of you, not too much tho haha. and yes dad, i am striving to stay focused! :) don't worry. i hope and pray that Heavenly Father is helping me, in fact i know He is.... I wouldn't rather be anywhere else in the world then on a mission. I am needed here. i need this and the people i teach need me. its by the Lords servants that they come into the fold of Christ. The Missionaries do the finding and teaching and the Spirit converts people. I have felt of the spirit so much this past year and i am grateful for the experiences i have had. they have been learning ones! I know why i am here. To teach the Gospel and increase my own testimony. the people i see every day truly love us as we teach them about Jesus Christ even tho some of them don't realize it, and reject it. they wouldn't be on earth if they didn't accept the plan of Heavenly Father so they accepted it but still have their agency. dang agency haha.

So last Monday we went to the game reserve in bathhurst. i got to pet a giraffe! haha you don't get to do that every day back in Idaho! it was cool. also saw some zebras and wildebeest and springbok. it was fun!

Well i don't know what else to say. Glad everyone is doing well! Well i love you all and am excited to talk to you all on Christmas! have a great week!

LOVE YOUR SON,
Elder Robert S Rigby (SACTM)

No comments:

Post a Comment