Monday, March 15, 2010

Perk Up!

Dear Family and Friends,

Hiya everybody!! hehe :) thought i'd perk up the day a bit! so whats up?? Its nice and sunny today, as usual haha. it did rain a bit this past week tho.. which was really nice, i still have to find myself a rain coat with buttons, NO zipper. So its gunna be interesting cause winter is coming and thats rainy season. but it was a good week. our investigators are progressing a bit we had to drop a few cause they wouldn't keep their commitments. so if they're not gunna progress we drop them so we don't waste our time. only 2 years which is really short compared to eternity. yeah i was studying PMG this past week and just come across that 2 years is relatively short so we shouldn't waste time. Thought that was interesting. I'm doing better than last week. The new comp has been nice/tough/different all at the same time. I enjoy teaching with Elder Larson he knows alot. He can basically come up with a scripture to any topic that comes up in a lesson and teach it well. I want to become like that. I'm still very young tho so i got some time just takes practice. He is the DL in our district. Elder Butelezi and Elder Carver are in Fish Hoek. Its a great district we like spending P days together. I think we are going to the Boulder beach to see the penguins again so that'll be fun. the 2 new comps haven't seen them yet so we're gunna do that and climb table mountain again this transfer or next. we'll see... Hermanus is on the other side of our area. you look across the Indian ocean and you can see Hermanus area. Boulder Beach is in Simons Town. Fish Hoeks area (FYI)

Yes, Elder Larson is from San Antonio Texas. He goes home at the End of May. Meadowridge is his last area. Sad day but exciting for him. I'm not the youngest missionary anymore in our mission!! YAY! haha another greenie came in this transfer from SA. Then next transfer there is 13-15 new missionaries coming!! Is Nick Davenport coming here??? you didn't answer my question... Elder and Sister Herbert Say hello! haha they are a wonderful Senior couple. you could ask them about a map mom. she'd know better than me. I really haven't seen any around. course i really haven't looked since we've been busy.

Yes i'm getting sick of eating rice all the flippin time. I love potatoes so much better!!! we bought some today! haha so were gunna have potato bake this week. and soup and ramen noodles and rice chicken and minc and whatever else. Same stuff over and over again isn't fun let me tell ya. I miss your cooking mom! i'm grateful for the stuff that i do know how to make/cook.

I'm glad people ask about me. it warms my heart. makes me feel appreciated. Mission is a challenge. Tuff times. But fun times at the same time. Hasn't been one day that i regret coming out here. I know i can do this. I've got the Lord on my side and a great companion, the Holy Ghost. and great mission leaders to help me on the way. Us missionaries like to get-to-gether when we can and talk about the different areas and life. we have fun. had Zone Conference tuesday at bellveille with Cape North. It was great, Elder Koeliker was there and Elder Jenson. Both really great teachers. Counseled us to pray for everything that we do and seek guidance. Prayer is the most awesome/spiritual thing we can do. So everyone be sure to pray everyday. at least twice.

well my time is up I love you all so very much! thank you so much for all your support and love. I know its South Africas time for Missionary work. I'm here for a reason. I'm trying to do my best. I know the Savior lives and that he loves me. He's my bigger brother. he paved the way for us. So lets not take Him for granted on anything. I LOVE YOU!!

Love,
your Missionary

Elder Robert S. Rigby (CTM)

PS I got my first hair cut on tuesday. a member did it for me. its different style but better than having it long haha. Keep well!

No comments:

Post a Comment