Monday, March 8, 2010

First Transfer

My dearest family and friends,

Hello! :) it was an interesting week with transfers. Elder Heydenrych left monday morning as i said last week and i hung out with the Fish Hoek (hook) elders till tuesday night. Just took enough stuff to get me by till my new comp came on tuesday evening. Elder Larson! from San Antonio Texas. He has been a ZL in East London (South Africa) for the past 7 months. So he's been on mission 21 months so i have the privilege of probably "killing' him. (meaning going home) he'll probably be with me for 2 transfers then he goes home. He's a great missionary. We worked hard last week. Took him to meet some members and our progressing investigators. Its been a change tho. I see it as preparing me to be a leader cause thats what a mission does; prepares and makes leaders. so with the day and a half that i was with Fish Hoek we drove out to simons town and chilled out on the edge of the water. just watched the Indian ocean. it was kinda boring wasn't a very effective P day. Then on tuesday we worked in their area. mostly township. it wasn't the funnest thing having 3 elders go into small homes/huts/houses. then that evening Elder Larson came.

I am emailing in an internet cafe. It costs R10 an hour. so not bad. I'm glad everyone is doing well.
Mission has already changed my life. as you have seen. the spirit is strong if we do what the lord wants. I pray for you guys and for Grandpa. I love your support.

Today we are gunna take the new comps to mini golf so that'll be fun. Elder Butelezi got Elder Carver. Hes from Utah. been in Hermanus with Elder Lewis from Malad! He told me To not forget where i'm from and not be ashamed of it haha! oh i'm definitely not!!! No place like home! So keep it home! :)

We have a few investigators that really want to know more. they committed to church but didn't show yesterday. we were disappointed. Cedric is doing well we have a member, eddie, that knows french come with us and that made a huge difference in his understanding! so we are going to continue to take Eddie along. Ezekiel is not progressing we haven't seen him in 2 weeks because of his work schedule. so his BD will be postponed. But a new investigator Daisy and her friend Vanessa are doing well we have taught them up to the plan of salvation and they are doing great. hope to seen them twice this week. so thats just a few of them.

I love you all! I know this is where i'm supposed to be and that the lord loves me and wants the best for each one of us. I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for my savior Jesus Christ. I know he lives and that his atonement made everything possible to go back and live with our Heavenly Father. I know the Book of Mormon is true. i love and miss you guys
till next week!

Your missionary,

Elder Robert S Rigby (CTM)

No comments:

Post a Comment