Monday, September 5, 2011

Transfer News

Dear Family and Friends,

Molo!! haha nice mom i'm good! or should i say indepele! :) hehe Well i'm no longer in the wonderful part of milnerton i'm now in port elizabeth as a zone leader! i still don't know what to think about that... haha and to top if off even more i'm with Elder Bagenzi, my old MTC companion haha its awesome! we are so enjoying it and loving being together again. and Elder Tshikare is the new assistant to the president and they are here with us now for a few days. WE go on exchanges on wednesday with them, i don't even know the area at all, and then they go with Kwa Nobuhle tomorrow so yeah they stayed with us last night then they will come back to us tomorrow evening. and then won't leave till thursday morning. fun stuff being a zone leader. there are lots of responsibility to do. but its alright. I'll get to go to George and Knysna for exchanges and they are the prettiest places to be on mission and i'm hoping while i'm there for a few days i'll be able to get a Book of Mormon covered in skin. there is a guy there that does it. :) we'll see what happens.

So traveling on my bday wasn't the coolest thing to do for a bday party haha. but i flew from cape town to port elizabeth at 2:45 and its a bout an hour flight so i didn't get here till 4:00 and when i saw my comp i just gave him a big hug and oh it was nice to see again. :) I've never served in PE before mom so i don't know where you got that idea, this is my first time being in PE. I do not know anyone here haha i'm so lost haha. I served in cape town and east london so i know how to get to places but here its all new territory for me. its interesting! but its nice. The soccer stadium is pretty close to our boarding thats cool haha. we stay behind members in a flat. its a lot more quiet than Milnerton was so i have been sleeping much better the past few nights. its an ok place. shower stinks but its better than nothin. and the members we stay behind are really kind to us and always make sure we are ok. they are a coloured family. Sis meyers brought us ice cream last night it was awesome haha.

so my area is PE central. is mostly a white area with coloreds and we even have a township, walmer township. We have a few members that stay there. It's an old ward, most of the people there are old and have been in the ward for a long time, but very friendly. our teaching pool on the other hand is really low and we need to pick it up this transfer. we have maybe 5 investigators and i haven't met them yet. they are all busy with studying at NMMU that we haven't been able to meet them yet. hope to this week.

Pres Wood called me on Monday evening to give me the news and he first says that he is calling to comfort the afflicted and to afflict the comforted haha i just laughed. he then asked me if i would accept the assignment as Zone leader in port elizabeth. i of course said yes, but i was kinda shocked. i wasn't expecting to go zone leader. but the Lord works in many ways that one does not understand sometimes. I hope i can do a good job and be an example to my elders in my zone. My comp and i are zone leaders together so we do everything together. I like that part. :) lots easier when we put our ideas together and come up with a plan. :)

I'm going to miss milnerton but i know i am needed here in Port Elizabeth. its a windy city but good people here to teach the restored gospel to. We have a mission tour this transfer with pres Renlund from the area presidency. that should be really fun. thats next week. Well i love you all and thank you for all that you do :) i am so grateful to be a missionary and to be serving my Heavenly Father and His son Jesus Christ. I know this gospel is true i know families are eternal and can be together forever through the temple, i loved your testimony mom... thank you. I love you. I also can't wait to stand in the temple with my family and see all our loved ones again in the next life. church is true book is blue! have a great week.

Your son, brother and missionary,
Elder Robert S Rigby (SACTM)

ps haven't gotten package yet elder Naylor in the office told me it came in tho so i'll hopefully get it this week. :) love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment